The Annual General Meeting of the members of Deafness Forum Australia will be held online on Thursday 30 November 2023.
2pm AEDT, 1.30pm ACDT, 11am AWST.
ZOOM login: Please click here to join the webinar.
While everyone is welcome, only members may vote on matters.
- Confirmation of communication accessibility.
- Confirmation of a quorum.
- Acknowledgement of Country.
- Acceptance of proxies.
2. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
MOTION 1: The Members accept the Minutes of AGM 2022.
3. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MEETING
4. CHAIR’S REPORT
5. TREASURER’S REPORT
MOTION 2: The Members accept the:
MOTION 3: The Members appoint Les Ellis and Associates as the company’s auditor for the next financial year.
6. CONSTITUTION REVIEW REPORT
The Deafness Forum board formed a working group in March 2023 to review and recommend changes to the constitution. The purpose of this review was to modernise the organisation’s constitution in line with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission model. A report on the proposed changes will be given during this AGM.
7. NEW BOARD MEMBERS
MOTION 4: The Members confirm the reappointments to the board of Raelene Walker, David Brady and Dwin Tucker AM for terms of 2 years.
Background: In September and October 2023, member organisations were invited to nominate individuals to fill board positions to become vacant at the AGM. West Australian Foundation for Deaf Children nominated Raelene Walker. CICADA National nominated David Brady. ClearaSound nominated Dwin Tucker.
Jennifer Clemesha retires after being co-opted to the board in 2022.
The Board of Deafness Forum Australia for the next 12 months will be:
- David Brady, Hearing Impaired Consumer nominee
- Michelle Courts, Parent nominee
- Rhonda Locke, Ear Disorders Consumer nominee
- Barry MacKinnon, Hearing Impaired Consumer nominee.
- Catherine Morgan, Service Provider nominee
- Dwin Tucker AM, Service Provider nominee
- Raelene Walker, Deaf Consumer nominee
Soon after this AGM, the new board will meet to elect its office-bearers, create a board executive group to oversight operations between board meetings, and confirm/appoint committee chairs.
8. MEETING CLOSED
Download the 2023 AGM Agenda.
If you can’t attend, you can still make your vote count by giving it to another person (your proxy) to vote on your behalf. Your proxy does not need to be a member. Download the Proxy appointment form and once completed, email it to us by close of business on 28 November 2023.
Email us if you wish to learn more at email@example.com.