Am I eligible for a free Hearing Aid from the Government?

The Hearing Services Program has two components with different eligibility requirements.

Voucher scheme

To be eligible for the program’s Voucher scheme a person must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident over the age of 21 years and hold a:

  • Centrelink Pension Concession Card;
  • Centrelink Sickness Allowance;
  • DVA Pensioner Concession Card;
  • White Health Repatriation Card (for hearing loss);
  • Gold Health Repatriation Card;
  • be a partner of a person in one of these categories; or
  • be referred by the Disability Employment Service.

Community Service Obligations (CSO)

To be eligible for CSO a person must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, and be either:

  • aged under 26 years
  • Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and either:
  • aged 50 years or over
  • participate in the Community Development Program
  • took part in the Community Development Employment Projects Program from 30 June 2013 and were receiving hearing services from Hearing Australia before you stopped participating
  • eligible for the voucher scheme and either:
  • live in a remote area (Modified Monash Model locations 6 and 7)
  • require specialist hearing services.

For more information about the program and the services available for eligible people, visit the website.

For all enquiries please e-mail

Telephone inquiries please call 1800 500 726

National Relay Service (NRS) 1800 555 660