It’s an incredibly busy and exciting week ahead as we celebrate World Hearing Day (3 March), Hearing Awareness Week and the launch of the first World Report on Hearing.
You can read the special World Hearing Day edition of the One in Six newsletter here
World Report on Hearing
This eagerly anticipated report will be launched on World Hearing Day 3 March. The World Report on Hearing aims to provide evidence-based guidance to drive actions for the integration of quality Ear and Hearing Care services into national health plans of Member States, as part of their work towards universal health coverage. The report is in four sections:
- Why hearing matters: hearing across the life-course
- Solutions for everyone: hearing loss can be prevented and addressed
- Facing the challenges: improving access to ear and hearing care
- The vision of ear and hearing care: designing the way forward
- The number of people living with unaddressed hearing loss and ear diseases is unacceptable
- Timely action is needed to prevent and address hearing loss across the life course
- Investing in cost-effective interventions will benefit people with hearing loss and bring financial gains to the society
- Countries must integrate people-centred ear and hearing care within national health plans for universal health coverage
The report will be available here on 3 March.