A report identifies inequality and service problems in the NDIS.
- Males and people with higher incomes are more likely to benefit from the NDIS
- Market gaps in the NDIS are a growing problem
- Money in NDIS plans that isn’t spent by participants could be reclaimed by the NDIS, even if they’ve been sitting on a waiting list
- Women, non-men and people with lower education levels are least likely to find providers for their care, putting them at risk of having their money reclaimed
- Service providers are now less able to respond to general crisis events.
Read more in a story by Shannon Jenkins at The Mandarin – https://www.themandarin.com.au/110677-report-highlights-deep-rooted-inequality-in-ndis/