If you are in Perth this weekend, you are invited to an afternoon of great presentations on the brilliant work in Western Australia that is supporting people who are deaf or hard of hearing to live well in the community.
Saturday 27 May 2023
1.pm for a buffet lunch
1.30pm for the presentations
At Telethon Speech and Hearing, 36 Dodd St Wembley.
You will hear from:
- Martin Pritchard MLA, Convener of the WA Parliamentary Friends of Hard of Hearing, Deaf and Deafblind people.
- Paul Higginbotham from the fantastic Earbus Foundation of WA.
- Deafness Forum’s national board members, especially local directors Rae Walker and Barry MacKinnon.
Eminent researchers will brief you on their latest investigations:
- Ass. Prof. Mel Ferguson, Brain and Hearing at Curtin University.
- Ass. Prof Dayse Tavora, University of Western Australia.
- Professor David McAlpine, Academic Director Macquarie University Hearing.
Captions and Auslan interpreters will be provided.
Here is the place to RSVP: https://forms.office.com/r/3mwhfU3ucg